Dumb Question

From: "Leland V(dot) Lammert" <lvl(at)omnitec(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dumb Question
Date: 2001-02-02 04:33:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi folks,

I was trying to install pgsql today on our db server (standard BSD4), ..
and no matter which source tree I installed, I found the following problems:

1) The make quit trying to install 'interface' - I am not using anything
except php4, .. yet it seemed to be requiring ODBC by default??

2) I don't know if this was related to #1, but none of the utilities
installed (i.e. initdb), so I am dead in the water.

Did I miss something in the FAQs? Is there more than one source tree
required (e.g. base + ??)? I don't want ODBC, why is is install trying to
do ODBC interfaces??

TIA for any clues,

Lee

Leland V. Lammert lvl(at)omnitec(dot)net
Chief Scientist Omnitec Corporation
Network/Internet Consultants www.omnitec.net