Re: postgres memory management

From: Alexander Jerusalem <ajeru(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres memory management
Date: 2001-01-21 21:27:45
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

Neil, thank you for your answer,

I thought about that possibility and it is possible since that computer has
512 MB RAM. But when I start and stop other programs like emacs the memory
is freed as soon as I stop them. As to KDE: I'm not concerned about a lack
of memory in general but I'm about to deploy an application on a server
that I hope will be running for a long time without me having to restart it
every two days because of a memory leak in some software. Anyway, I hope
you're right, I'll just try it :-)

thanks,

Alexander Jerusalem
ajeru(at)gmx(dot)net