Re: Create table doesn't work in plpgsql

From: Keith Wong <keith(at)e-magine(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Volker Paul <vpaul(at)dohle(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Create table doesn't work in plpgsql
Date: 2000-12-24 03:44:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

I believe a couple of months back... a EXECUTE command was added to plpgsql
to allow users to dynamic sql statements.

So if you get the current development version you should be able to call

EXECUTE CREATE TABLE ....

or whatever sql you like. (I think this is still not in 7.03, not sure though)

I'm not sure about the exact syntax, but if you look in past threads for
"execute" I'm sure you'll find it.

Have fun.

Merry Xmas.
Keith.