Re: gzip, gcc, gmake utilities to install POSTGRES on solaris ???

From: "Christopher R(dot) Jones" <cj(at)interlog(dot)com>
To: Dronamraju Rajesh <drajesh80(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gzip, gcc, gmake utilities to install POSTGRES on solaris ???
Date: 2000-09-12 15:15:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

gzip is in two formats, the first is not zipped, it is a valid Solaris package. Download it to your Solaris and use
ppkgadd -d gzip-1.2.4a-sol7-intel-local #(or sparc if you are using sparc)

Read the man pages on ppkgadd.

Once gzip is installed, then you down load the other packages, unzip them then use ppkgadd.

make is gmake.

The www.sunfreeware.com site has an excellent FAQ section which would have helped you avoid sending repeated email questions.