Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test

From: "Chad R(dot) Larson" <chad(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
Cc: Donald Fraser <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>, "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Date: 2003-09-26 05:07:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

At 06:24 PM 9/25/2003 , Tom Lane wrote:
>Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org> writes:
> >> We have several beta testers who keep us honest on exactly this point;
> >> they use compilers that do not take //. Personally I wish gcc could
> >> be configured not to have these little non-ANSI-isms ...

I suspect that among the conformance switches, you can find a combination
you like:
----------------------------------
Language Options
-ansi -fall-virtual -fcond-mismatch -fdollars-in-identifiers
-fenum-int-equiv -fexternal-templates -fno-asm -fno-builtin
-fhosted -fno-hosted -ffreestanding -fno-freestanding
-fno-strict-prototype -fsigned-bitfields -fsigned-char
-fthis-is-variable -funsigned-bitfields -funsigned-char
-fwritable-strings -traditional -traditional-cpp -trigraphs

Also, look at the warning options "-pedantic" and "-pedantic-errors".

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.