Re: trouble finding the object method driver....

From: Jerry Asher <jerry(at)hollyjerry(dot)org>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trouble finding the object method driver....
Date: 2001-04-03 02:16:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

At 09:09 PM 4/2/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Jerry Asher <jerry(at)hollyjerry(dot)org> writes:
> > At a suggestion from then net, I have recently (today) loaded DBI::DBD
> > and Bundle::DBI
> > perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI::DBD'
> > perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::DBI'
> > I then followed the instructions in
> > postgresql-7.1beta5/src/interfaces/perl5/README, and installed Pg.pm.
>
>interfaces/perl5 is a standalone interface module for Perl. It has
>nothing to do with DBI. In particular, it is *not* the same thing as
>DBD-Pg, which is the Pg driver that DBI is looking for. You can find
>DBD-Pg in the same CPAN archives you got DBI from.
>
> regards, tom lane

Thanks Tom, Woo hoo! It works!

Perhaps a bit of my stumble was caused by this message

>Perhaps the
>DBD::Pg perl module hasn't been fully installed, or perhaps the
>capitalisation of 'Pg' isn't right. Available drivers: ADO, ExampleP,
>Multiplex, Proxy. at /home/httpd/cgi-bin/webcal/webcal_io.pm line 282

Which appears to use the same name for the DBD module as for the
interfaces/perl5 module.

Is there a naming convention I should learn about?

Thanks again!

Jerry Asher

Jerry Asher jerry(at)hollyjerry(dot)org
1678 Shattuck Avenue Suite 161 Tel: (510) 549-2980
Berkeley, CA 94709 Fax: (877) 311-8688