Re: Elephant splash screen

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Elephant splash screen
Date: 2001-09-22 15:45:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

>Umm, I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, but it's very (for want
>of a better word) childish looking - it does look professional though, just
>not the style I think we want.
>
>I spoke with my friend yesterday who does the artwork for some of the
>Babylon 5 books (and did the last set of pgAdmin 1 graphics. He hopes to
>have a set done for us somewhen next week.

I agree it looks childish, just like a KDE plash screen (http://www.kde.org).

As the elephant is the official logo of PostgreSQL, it would be nice to
show an elephant in pgAdmin
I will upload 2 other proposals in CVS/images and get back to the last
version of frmSplashScreen.

The association between PostgreSQL (elephant) and pgAdmin (elephant) sounds
nice to me.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel