Re: Re: RE: Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare

From: Tim Uckun <tim(at)diligence(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: RE: Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare
Date: 2001-01-03 16:44:40
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

>What a horrible chicken and egg scenario... you can't help with providing
>documentation until you have some deal of experience with something, but if
>you ask for better documentation to get that experience, you are told to
>write some. I understand the frustration, but at the same time, please
>understand the frustration of those trying to learn. Personally I find the
>documentation is more than adequate, but could always be improved. Hopefully
>I will learn enough at some point to be able to say that I'm ready to
>contribute... until then I'll be here feeding off the scraps of knowledge
>that are dribbled here and there...

You are right of course but what happens once you have learned it? For me I
never seem seem to be able to do the right thing that being "now that I
have solved the problem I should write it down and submit it to the
maintainers of the document".

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background
Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered
the risks of a bad hire.