Linking views and tables to access.

From: Tim Uckun <tim(at)diligence(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Linking views and tables to access.
Date: 2000-08-01 21:27:24
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

Hello.

I am having a couple of problems. One is that when I attempt to link SOME
tables to access I get an error messages about an index containing a non
existing field (an empty string). The other is that when I attempt to link
a view as a table I get the following error.

ERROR: system column xmin not available - vievname is a view (#1)

I strongly suspect that the first error is due to the fact that I changed
the NAMEDATALEN in the source when I compiled postgres. I suspect that the
ODBC driver is not expecting a large string and is getting one. Could the
second problem be related? Also is it possible to compile the ODBC drivers
with a similar DEFINE?

Right now the NAMEDATALEN is set to 64. Although this is still small
compared to access It's a more sane option then 32 for me.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background
Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered
the risks of a bad hire.