Re: [GENERAL] binary data & LOBs

From: Charles Tassell <ctassell(at)isn(dot)net>
To: Alex Pilosov <alex(at)pilosoft(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] binary data & LOBs
Date: 2000-03-05 22:44:43
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't know of any binary type in Postgres (other than possibly using an
array of char's or something) but you might want to try MIME encoding your
data and inserting it that way. The only problem you will run into is that
4096 bytes + MIME encoding will probably span the 8k limit, which will lead
to even more problems... You could always recompile Postgres and change
BLKSZ in src/include/config.h to 16384 or 31744 to increase the limit.

Does anyone know when the plans are to get rid of the query size limit?