System Attribute

From: Drew Whittle <drew(at)albatross(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: System Attribute
Date: 1999-12-14 00:14:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

We have an online order system that I am trying to convert to use postgres
and I noticed a problem with the creation of the DB.

One of the tables has a field called 'oid', which is fine under lots of
other DB's but postgres doesn't like it. I am in the process of renaming
this field so things will work but I am curious what the error actually means:

ERROR: create: system attribute named "oid"

Thanks,

Drew