Instant ASP from HalcyonSoft:

From: Martin Crundall <mcrundall(at)mcgi(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: support(at)halcyonsoft(dot)com
Subject: Instant ASP from HalcyonSoft:
Date: 1999-10-27 22:40:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi;

I am evaluating both PostgreSQL and instant ASP from
http://www.halcyonsoft.com/ on a linux/caldera system and am having some
trouble with the JDBC interface with PostgreSQL. The VBScript errors out
on the

connection.Open (connectionString)

statement. I know it's not the driver, url or UID/PWD variables in the
connection string, because if I make them wrong, I get a very specific
error saying as much. It's an 'unable to parse vb script' error and the
connection object never happens. If, however, I trap and then just blow
through the error (on error resume next) and check the process list, the
postmaster connection is spawned, live and idle, but the connection object
in the VBScript is unuseable.

I've verified that the CLASSPATH includes both the JDK stuff and the
JDBC driver.

I used the RPM install method for postgresql .5-2

All other regulator VBScript functionality works (variables, loops, etc.
etc.)

What am I doing wrong? I'd be really interested in hearing from anyone
that's been able to make this combination work with linux/apache; I have a
pretty high demand for it.

Thanks.

Martin