Re: Mail loop at a2000.nl (was Re: [HACKERS] PATCH for pgconnection.h)

From: gravity <z(dot)nijmeyers(at)cable(dot)a2000(dot)nl>
To: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck), tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us (Tom Lane)
Cc: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mail loop at a2000.nl (was Re: [HACKERS] PATCH for pgconnection.h)
Date: 1999-08-01 00:08:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 17:03 26-7-99 +0200, Jan Wieck wrote:
> And look at the dates!
>> This morning I sent a polite note to postmaster(at)cable(dot)a2000(dot)nl, warning
>> them that they've got a problem with mail looping. It promptly bounced
>> back with
> But the CC to Z(dot)Nijmeyers(at)cable(dot)a2000(dot)nl didn't bounce. Maybe
> he'll receive it and can forward it in HARDCOPY to his
> pEstmaster.

I'm really sorry that my ISP is doing wonderful :-) things to it's
mail-servers

>> I conclude that a2000.nl is run by a bunch of idiots who can't read
>> RFCs, let alone operate a mail server competently. I expect that

they are a bunch of idiots and complaining doesn't help a bit, in the past
couple of weeks everyone in amsterdam who has cable internet, has had
extreme trouble with email.

>> we will continue to get blessed with regurgitated messages until Marc
>> pulls any a2000.nl addresses from the mailing lists :-(

If the problem persists with a2000 messages looping back please let me know
and I will unsubscribe from the list and resubscribe using another email
address