Re: [GENERAL] COPY with default values won't work?

From: Charles Tassell <ctassell(at)isn(dot)net>
To: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] COPY with default values won't work?
Date: 1999-03-24 05:48:22
Lists: pgsql-general

@#$#!! Any way to make COPY use default, or shove a lot of data in with a
single INSERT query? According to older messages in the mailing list, it
is *possible*, but I can't get it to work.

My problem is that I might be using this to put a few thousand entries in
the db every night, and when I last attempted this using a few thousand
insert statements, it was awfully slow (on the order of taking HOURS)

BTW: Thanks for the quick response. I send the mail, answer some messages,
and get a response. Quicker than a Microsoft $0.95/min help line. :-)