Re: Advise on mapping JTable to large PostgreSQL table

From: Andres Olarte <olarte(dot)andres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Advise on mapping JTable to large PostgreSQL table
Date: 2005-12-06 22:33:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Couldn't you use a single ugly "SELECT *" with a cursor and then fill your
local cache as the client is scrolling through the table? It will scroll
kind of slow the first time, but then i'll work nice. I'm not very into
Swing, but for that you'd only need the number of rows with something like
"SELECT count(*)".