Re: User group liaison

From: "Benjamin Scherrey" <scherrey(at)proteus-tech(dot)com>
To: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: User group liaison
Date: 2008-01-17 18:05:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I think this is a great idea. In a similar light - I'd like to offer my
company's services as a media contact point for PostgreSQL in Thailand and
SE Asia (as appropriate). We're just now opening our new offices in Bangkok
(last year we got Reuters Software Thailand to deploy their first SOA system
on top of a PostgreSQL Slony cluster rather than SQLServer) and have been
pretty serious Postgres users since 1998. We can be a media contact and
translate any press releases into Thai, Malay, Indonesian and/or Chinese
(Singaporean). We expect to be evangelizing PostgreSQL pretty heavily around
here soon and are sponsors of the first BarcampBangkok coming later this
month. Please let me know what we need to do.

best regards,

-- Ben Scherrey