Re: testing cvs HEAD - HS/SR - xlog timeline 0 pg_xlogfile_name_offset

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: testing cvs HEAD - HS/SR - xlog timeline 0 pg_xlogfile_name_offset
Date: 2010-02-25 10:48:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Yeah. The current pg_*_last_location() functions don't cut it though,
> you need to retain logs back to the redo location of the last
> restartpoint. That's what %r returns. Maybe we should add another function?

+1

It would be useful if we can know that location via SQL rather
than pg_controldata. Which should that function return, filename
or location? If we'll prevent pg_xlogfile_name() from being called
during recovery according to your suggestion, it should return the
filename.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao