Re: Incrementally Updated Backups and restartpoints

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Incrementally Updated Backups and restartpoints
Date: 2010-01-13 22:13:05
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> No, that's not an issue. We only wait for the backup-end record if we
> haven't seen yet since we started recovery from the base backup.
> Assuming the standby had reached that point already before the new
> backup from the standby started, backupStartLoc is zero in the control file.

OK. That assumption should be documented?

And, when we start an archive recovery from the backup from the standby,
we seem to reach a safe starting point before database has actually become
consistent. It's because backupStartLoc is zero. Isn't this an issue?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center