Re: Recovery Test Framework

From: "Fujii Masao" <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recovery Test Framework
Date: 2009-01-13 06:37:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 3:32 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> One thing I find interesting is that the "Infrastructure Changes for
> Recovery" patch became the foundation for both "Hot Standby" and
> "Synchronous Replication". That implies that those changes might be
> of somewhat more general interest, at least as the foundation for
> further work. If we HS and/or SR are out of reach, it might be worth
> at least looking to see if any of that infrastructure work can be
> reasonably be committed for 8.4.

+1

If the community determined to postpone replication to 8.5, I'll give up
working on it (though I'll work it up to good place to leave off, of course)
and focus on reviewing infra-patch instead. I don't think that *all*
recovery-related patches are too late for 8.4. We should make a choice
for the patches and focus on the high-priority one.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center