Synch Rep v5

From: "Fujii Masao" <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Synch Rep v5
Date: 2009-01-10 10:16:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I attached the updated version of Synch Rep patch (v5) on wiki.
The description of "User Overview" is also already updated.
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NTT%27s_Development_Projects#Synch_Rep

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> 4. sleeping
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-12/msg00438.php
>>
>> I'm looking for the better idea. How should we resolve that problem?
>> Only reduce the timeout of pq_wait to 100ms? Get rid of
>> SA_RESTART only during pq_wait as follows?
>>
>> remove SA_RESTART
>> pq_wait()
>> add SA_RESTART
>
> Not sure, will consider. Ask others as well.

I've not got an idea yet. Now (v5), I only reduce the timeout of
pq_wait to 100ms. Is this sufficient? Do you have any good idea?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center