Re: Synchronous Log Shipping Replication

From: "Fujii Masao" <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Markus Wanner" <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
Cc: "ITAGAKI Takahiro" <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Synchronous Log Shipping Replication
Date: 2008-09-10 14:01:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
>>
>> Signals and locking, borrewed from Postgres-R, are now studied
>> for the purpose in the log shipping,
>
> Cool. Let me know if you have any questions WRT this imessages stuff.

If you're sure it's all right, I have a trivial question.

Which signal should we use for the notification to the backend from
WAL sender? The notable signals are already used.

Or, since a backend don't need to wait on select() unlike WAL sender,
ISTM that it's not so inconvenient to use a semaphore for that notification.

Your thought?

regards

--
Fujii Masao