Re: Global temporary tables

From: Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Philippe BEAUDOIN <phb07(at)apra(dot)asso(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Konstantin Knizhnik <knizhnik(at)garret(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Global temporary tables
Date: 2020-02-03 20:56:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01.02.2020 14:49, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this patch was marked as waiting on author since the beginning of the
> CF, most likely because it no longer applies (not sure). As there has
> been very little activity since then, I've marked it as returned with
> feedback. Feel free to re-submit an updated patch for 2020-03.
>
> This definitely does not mean the feature is not desirable, but my
> feeling is most of the discussion happens on the other thread dealing
> with global temp tables [1] so maybe we should keep just that one and
> combine the efforts.
>
> [1] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/26/2349/

New version of the patch with new method of GTT index construction is
attached.
Now GTT indexes are checked before query execution and are initialized
using AM build method.
So now GTT is supported for all indexes, including custom indexes.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
Postgres Professional:http://www.postgrespro.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
global_private_temp-9.patch text/x-patch 82.4 KB