Re: Trouble using TG_TABLE_NAME in BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE trigger

From: Stephen Cuppett <steve(at)cuppett(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trouble using TG_TABLE_NAME in BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE trigger
Date: 2009-08-30 13:11:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Sorry, found my answer wrt "dynamic queries", etc. Restructured trigger to
look like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION pdf_active_check() RETURNS trigger AS $BODY$
DECLARE
var_curs1 refcursor;
var_active BOOLEAN;
BEGIN
open var_curs1 FOR EXECUTE 'SELECT p.active FROM '||TG_TABLE_NAME||'
pv INNER JOIN pdfs p ON p.id = pv.pdf_id WHERE p.active = true';
FETCH var_curs1 INTO var_active;
IF FOUND THEN
RETURN NEW;
ELSE