Duplicate Fields + Views Questions

From: "Dylan Lorimer" <edylan(at)google(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Duplicate Fields + Views Questions
Date: 2006-11-04 00:07:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I've got 2 views - each with identical column names. I want to create an
aggregate view of both tables as a new view. But when I try to do this I
understandably get errors on duplicate fields.

As an example:

CREATE VIEW gnis_view AS SELECT * FROM gnis_international_view,
gnis_usa_view;
ERROR: column "the_geom" duplicated
ERROR: column "the_geom" duplicated

Any ideas on how I can achieve what I am seeking?
Cheers,
dylan