Oracle 8.1.x to Postgresql Conversion.

From: st_mwilson(at)btconnect(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Oracle 8.1.x to Postgresql Conversion.
Date: 2002-10-30 18:41:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there,

A client has expressed an interest in migrating to
Postgresql from Oracle 8.1.x

This will initially be viewed as a proof of concept
exercise, but if successful could result in some sizable
systems being migrated from proprietry software to
open source.

Does anyone know of any good guides, scripts, or
software that will help with this migration exercise?

Searching briefly, I have seen a Perl script (ora2pg),
and a couple of rough guides but nothing in detail.

I'd appreciate it if anybody could offer any information
or help.

Many Thanks,
Mik.