pgaccess error

From: paul simdars <psimdars(at)lisco(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgaccess error
Date: 2002-03-07 17:14:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am trying to use pgaccess. I have postgres installed and I created a
database. I start pgaccess and go to 'open' a database and get an 'Error
trying to connect to database 'xyz' on host localhost'. It also says,
"Is the server runnint on host localhost and accepting TCP/IP connections
on port 5432?".
I know the apache server is running and I can open a web page that
accesses the database I want to connect to. Is that what they are asking
about? If so, then that isn't the problem. Unless I have to create a
new postgres user for pgaccess like I created a user 'apache' for the
apache server to be able to access the database.
Any help would be appreciated because it looks like it will be a good
tool.
Thank you.
Paul