Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?
Date: 2017-11-25 15:09:49
Lists: pgsql-docs

25.11.2017 11:21, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> I wonder, what version of docbook-xsl are you using?
>>> (I have 1.79.1+dfsg-1).
>>> Can you check with 1.79+ (if yours is older)?
>> docbook-xsl version 1.79.2_1.
> I'll try to install 1.79.2 version and check the performance on my side.
I installed docbook-style-xsl-1.79.2-5 in Fedora 27 and didn't noticed
performance drop.
In fact in this version I see XSL templates without namespaces
("appendix" instead of "d:appendix").
I looked at the spec of the package and found that it's building from the
"https://github.com/docbook/xslt10-stylesheets/releases/download/release%2F{%version}/docbook-xsl-nons-%{version}.tar.bz2"
nons - is for "no namespace"

Indeed, you can see both variations of the source packages at:
https://github.com/docbook/xslt10-stylesheets/releases/tag/release%2F1.79.2

It seems that your package is built from "ns" version.
(I couldn't find docbook-xsl-nons in Macports.)
If it's the only available version for Mac, it seems we need to adjust
our XSL templates to work with namespaces too.

Best regards,
------
Alexander Lakhin
The Russian Postgres Company