Re: psql query gets stuck indefinitely

From: "Tomas Vondra" <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
To: "tamanna madaan" <tamanna(dot)madaan(at)globallogic(dot)com>
Cc: "Craig Ringer" <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql query gets stuck indefinitely
Date: 2011-12-01 13:58:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On 1 Prosinec 2011, 12:57, tamanna madaan wrote:
> Hi Craig
> I am able to reproduce the issue now . I have postgres-8.1.2 installed in
> cluster setup.

Well, the first thing you should do is to upgrade, at least to the last
8.1 minor version, which is 8.1.22. It may very well be an already fixed
bug (haven't checked). BTW the 8.1 branch is not supported for a long
time, so upgrade to a more recent version if possible.

Second - what OS are you using, what version? The keep-alive needs support
at OS level, and if the OS is upgraded as frequently as the database (i.e.
not at all), this might be already fixed.

And finally - what do you mean by 'cluster setup'?

Tomas