Patch fo select ip and/or port for outgoing connections

To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Patch fo select ip and/or port for outgoing connections
Date: 2015-08-15 17:16:11
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi

In our environment we had the requirement to enforce that (on a multihomed server) the database driver uses a certain local ip to connect to the database server.
In java this can easily be archived calling "bind" on the tcp socket before calling connect.

I patched the source of the jdbc driver to make this available through the connection properties "BIND_IP" and "BIND_PORT".
Both are optional, we are using "BIND_IP" in production code.

I attached the patch for everyone to use in any way.
(I am unsure about the contribution process and license requirements but you can use this code however you see fit).

I would be grateful, if this patch or another way to archive the same goal could be included in the next release...

Best regards,
Steffen

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql-9.4-1201-bind.patch application/octet-stream 2.5 KB
smime.p7s application/pkcs7-signature 6.2 KB