help! Buffer too small error

From: "Mike Zbierski" <stellaris(at)chariot(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: help! Buffer too small error
Date: 2001-06-18 13:13:05
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi All,
I was wondering whether someone could help me. I am running Postgres 7.0.3
on Linux, with PowerBuilder using the ODBC connection. All has been well, and
it has been working wonderfully well. Until the other day when we loaded a
lot more data in, and ever since we have been getting an error on some of the
datawindows.

I did a trace on the ODBC connection, and found the appropriate error, which
is:
Error 2 (rc -1) : SQLSTATE = 01004
The buffer was too small for the result.;
Unknown connect option (Set)

First question: Does anyone know what this error means? I assume that it is
generated by the ODBC driver?
2nd Question: I haven't been able to find a document of the error messages.
Is there one?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Mike Zbierski