Recovery mode

From: Sebastian Tennant <sebyte(at)smolny(dot)plus(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Recovery mode
Date: 2009-01-29 17:30:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there,

Just noticed this in my webapp logs:

ERROR: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode

Only one instance, so I'm not too concerned, but why, how often, how
long for, etc.

Am I negelecting to do some important database maintenace?

Could it be related to the backup cron performs hourly:

pg_dump --format=custom --file=<file> <db>

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.