Avoid using swap in a cluster

From: Ricardo Humphreys <ricardoainati(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Avoid using swap in a cluster
Date: 2005-09-02 01:04:10
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi all.
In a cluster, is there any way to use the main memory of the other nodes
instead of the swap? If I have a query with many sub-queries and a lot of
data, I can easily fill all the memory in a node. The point is: is there any
way to continue using the main memory from other nodes in the same query
instead of the swap?
Thank you,
Ricardo.