Re: Bug? report : PreparedStatement.setObject(java.util.Date) don't work

From: 雨森郷太郎 <gotaroamenomori(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug? report : PreparedStatement.setObject(java.util.Date) don't work
Date: 2007-11-10 05:24:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Thank you for reply.

>Try using java.sql.Date instead of java.util.Date, there should be a
>mapping for that.

It should work, I agree.

However, Is there reason to refrain from supporting java.util.Date ?

Originaly, I developed my Java Web application on postgres version7.4.
On the environment, java.util.Date to java.sql.Types#DATE mapping
worked well via JDBC ver7.4, like
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/pg74.216.jdbc3.jar
I can't see sources of the version, but I guess it has mapping for
java.util.Date.

Recently, I upgraded my Postgres DBMS to ver.8.2, and replaced
JDBC to "8.2 Build 506" then faced problem.

Now, I'm using source compiled Dirver with modification I reported.
I hope java.util.Date mapping to be original specification.

How's this?

Gotaro AMENOMORi