insert value of form - checkboxes

From: "Astrid Hexsel" <ahexse01(at)postoffice(dot)csu(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: insert value of form - checkboxes
Date: 2000-11-09 08:05:46
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello all,

I have a form which has got checkboxes and I am having problems to have their
values stored in different rows of a table.

What I have done is:

# colour_id is the name of my checkboxes in the input tag
<input type=checkbox name=colour_id value=200>
<input type=checkbox name=colour_id value=201>
etc ...

# I put all the values into the array and split them

$colour = $formdata{'colour_id'};
@colours = split (/,/, $colour);

#then I want to insert then into a table (called cart)in the row called colour_id.
If I have more than one value they have to be in different rows.

# my code:

foreach $colour(@colours)
{
$qry = INSERT INTO cart VALUES
('$session_id', '$range_id', '$colour')
}

And what happens is that I am only getting just
one value now inserted in the row. If for example I checked 3 boxes I will get
only the last
one.

The foreach loop works fine out of the query.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Astrid