Re: checkpoint_timeout

From: "Rafael Domiciano" <rafael(dot)domiciano(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, "Julio Leyva" <jcleyva(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: checkpoint_timeout
Date: 2008-10-09 15:02:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi there.
I increased the wal_buffers and no change made.
I'm beggining to think that my problem is not related to "checkpoint & cia"
as I said early.
I have decreased the checkpoint_timeout to 3 min and the slow down
continuin' ocorring after each 5 min.

In this "slowdown" the postgres does nothing, it's simply stop doing the
operations. The softwares still waiting for the response.
This is a dedicated server, the only program another postgres that runs is
Slony-I