Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?

From: Sai Hertz And Control Systems <sank89(at)sancharnet(dot)in>
To: Martin Marques <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
Cc: aspire420(at)hotpop(dot)com, pgsql-advocay(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date: 2003-12-26 16:18:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Dear Martin Marques,

>>What do you think yes we PostgreSQL users need some introspection.
>>

>1) This is in the 5.0.0 development tree, which could come out around.....
>lets say 2 years maybe?
>2) Stored Procedures with those features are already in PG long time ago, and
>are getting optimized every new release.

2 Years sounds good but does it matter ? , some day or other MySQL is
going to have more cutting edge features which are already is loaded
with features like Windows Port , Speed etc.

NOTE :
Here I would like to mention I truly love PostgreSQL and at the same
time succesfully using it my all apps but I am concerned
with slow growth rate of popularity ( of PostgreSQL) and this new
feature of MySQL today or tommorow will be a threat.
And may push back PostgreSQL for enterprise class applications.

Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.