Re: Any commercial shopping cart packages using postgresql?

From: Alex Satrapa <alex(at)lintelsys(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Any commercial shopping cart packages using postgresql?
Date: 2003-12-17 03:23:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Alex Satrapa wrote:
> I'm currently exploring the Zelerate AllCommerce system
> http://allcommerce.sourceforge.net

Ick... this product is *so* the poster child of the MySQL generation:

#
# Table structure for table 'addresses'
#
CREATE TABLE addresses (
objid varchar(20) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
objclass varchar(20) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
objtype varchar(20) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY objid
);

No foreign keys! Look at all those "DEFAULT '' NOT NULL" columns! What
are they thinking?

As penance for suggesting this product, I will clean up the SQL and at
least post my experiences with installing and using this product on
PostgreSQL.