Re: using Debian Sid

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: aurelien(dot)aa(at)wanadoo(dot)fr
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: using Debian Sid
Date: 2003-12-16 13:16:10
Lists: pgadmin-support

Aurélien Campéas wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'd like first to thank the guys that build pgAdmin 3 - it's a wonderful
>tool !
>
>Then, let's talk about some little problems. I first tried the win32
>version under win2k and it worked just fine (backend on Debian Sid).
>
>The debian/unstable version however has some problems. It seems nobody
>has run into it yet (as far as the ml archive tells). Here it is :
>
>1) key accel don't work when you have to select a type for a column. but
>this is just a minor annoyance...

What do you mean with "select type for a column"?

>2) when building a Table, the UI helping Foreign Key definition lacks
>the reference candidates list for the target table (RED color empty
>field in the second snapshot below).

Try running the app with loglevel set to SQL (or debug), and watch
which sql queries are executed when you start the FK dialog. The column
retrieval query should show up every time you change the "referenced
table" combobox on the first page.

>Oh, off course, I'm running the latest 1.0.2 stable release.

Good. You might try the 1.1 snapshot also, which has an improved font
handling and displays better for non-standard fonts as you are using.

Regards,
Andreas