Can someone tell me the default installation directory for PostgreSQL 7.4 on linux ?

From: Daniel Fitzgerald <dfitzgeraldca(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can someone tell me the default installation directory for PostgreSQL 7.4 on linux ?
Date: 2003-12-06 22:08:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm a newbie. I just installed it ( from RPMs at the .org for SUSE 8.2 )
and I can't find it anywhere on my hard drive. I can see the package
listed in YaST and psql is in the /usr/bin directory. I tried 'find' and
'whereis' to no avail.

I installed the docs RPM as well and haven't a clue how to even open
them as well.
Any help at all is appreciated. Thank you.