Re: Error message while connecting to a UNICODE

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error message while connecting to a UNICODE
Date: 2003-12-03 19:07:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Andreas Pflug wrote:

>> MULE_INTERNAL->UNICODE not possible, I thought *every* server
>> encoding could be read with client_encoding unicode...
>> Just checked, there's no conversion indeed. What the heck is that at
>> all? I didn't find *any* site that's not referencing pgsql when
>> searching for MULE_INTERNAL.
>
> Fixed: pgAdmin3 won't try to use Unicode if server encoding is
> MULE_INTERNAL.
> Raphael, since you're using this encoding, what is it good for?

In fact I thought I was not. I'm sorry I don't know anything about
MULE_INTERNAL... (this is a real admittance of total ignorance from
myself... It looks like it has something to do with what is used in
emacs [a friend of you as far as I remember]). In fact I configured my
db to set UNICODE by default and thought it was the one used.
I'll have a look to the config file generated by the postgresql debian
package debconf forms and try to overlook where this MULE_INTERNAL
reference comes from...

Hope you were not too disappointed by lack of knowledge...

Regards,
Raphaël