Re: Cron-job for checking up on pg_autovacuum

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: Markus Wollny <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cron-job for checking up on pg_autovacuum
Date: 2003-11-25 16:19:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Markus Wollny wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I haven't found anything in terms of startup- and check-scripts for
>pg_autovacuum yet; usually I like to have some sort of mechanism to
>check if some daemon is running and restart it if it isn't.

Agreed, this needs to be improved. In the long term, pg_autovacuum
should be started and stopped with the postmaster. However, as it is a
contrib module right now, it won't happen.

I know I heard from at least one person who said they were running it
from there inittab with respawn, which seems like overkill.