Re: Tunning postgresql

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: Stephen Robert Norris <srn(at)commsecure(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Josué Maldonado <josue(at)lamundial(dot)hn>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tunning postgresql
Date: 2003-11-21 21:53:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Stephen Robert Norris wrote:

>This looks pretty good - 1.7ms is very quick for a query. If you're
>seeing performance problems, it must be from the ODBC layer.

I recall striking this sort of problem with old Oracle ODBC drivers - we
used to set "Pass Through" mode for all the queries. However, I am don't
know if the Pg driver supports it (or if it would actually help
significantly).

Might be worth trying out some other ODBC drivers for Pg. I am pretty
sure there are some, however I can recall the brands :-(

regards

Mark