Re: The Netscape 4 Experience

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The Netscape 4 Experience
Date: 2003-11-15 09:11:02
Lists: pgsql-www

Michael Glaesemann wrote:
<snip>
> How much support should we give older browsers (4.x and before)?

Hi Michael,

This might be a useful guide,:

http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/stat_trends.htm

However, for our particular (present) users, we may be better off
looking at the stats generated from our present websites:

http://www.postgresql.org/stats

These are the stats for SourceForge, if that's helpful as well:

http://awstats.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?framename=mainright&output=browserdetail

Personally, I'm not aware of even many corporates that are using
Netscape 4.x these days. My feeling is that we're now finally safe to
move past trying to be compatible with Netscape 4.x at this stage.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift