Re: building pgadmin3 on rh7.3

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: jm(at)poure(dot)com
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: building pgadmin3 on rh7.3
Date: 2003-11-06 12:14:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

That is a pity, because RH7.3 is in use in a lot of pl;aces - it was the
base for RHAS2.something.

I am prepared to help you with this (yes, I know it will involve some
time), although my ability to mangle the one RH7.3 box I have access to
is limited, as it is a production machine, albeit under very light load
right now.

However, my home machine is RH8 because I haven'ty bothered to upgrade
it to RH9, so I can mangle that to my heart's content, and that sounds a
more promising candidate.

Have you thought about the possibilities of static linking to reduce
runtime dependencies?

cheers

andrew