Re: strange postgresql failure

From: Tomasz Myrta <jasiek(at)klaster(dot)net>
To: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Lista dyskusyjna pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange postgresql failure
Date: 2003-10-30 19:14:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dnia 2003-10-30 18:33, Użytkownik Jan Wieck napisał:
> There is, sort of ... it's called "core" and if your backend and C
> function shared object have been compiled with symbol information you
> can use a debugger to get a stack trace and look at variables. If that's
> not "human readable" ... well ... I suppose I'm not human.

I know I can load core into gdb...
I thought about some kind of message before postgres restarts. I read in
syslog that backend terminated with segmentation fault signal and
probably corrupted shared memory. It didn't help me to find what really
happened. I was wondering if it is possible to know the real reason of
restart and leave some message in syslog just before postgres restarts.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta