EditGrid options

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: EditGrid options
Date: 2003-10-18 11:32:21
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

I just had a look at your recent work, and have some remarks.

- You know I'm not really a fan of popup windows (especially the modal
ones), can't we implement this in a different way?
- The sort (filter-to-come) options are not visible.
- for very large tables, it's annoying if the query is run immediately
when starting the EditGrid, without a chance to restrict it. We might
need a second menu entry to EditGrid like "View filtered data"
- Maybe we could use a wxNotebook, first tab is the data, tab text shows
filter and sort, second tab is "options"
- The button sizes on the options dlg don't conform to the latest design
guide.

Just a hint: when inheriting a dlg from dlgProperty, it will have some
handy methods for listviews available, supplying DlgUnit sizing, headers
filling the rest of the control, ...
Pixels are no legal positioning/sizing units any more.

Regards,
Andreas