Re: Keep-alive?

From: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Keep-alive?
Date: 2003-10-11 16:45:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
To avoid to much concentration of that not very common
matter - a firewall not in control of the DBA, but
configured the way do enforce keep alive -
this should be handled by the DBA itself.
A solution would be to just establish a connection
forwarding via SSH and a small shell script running
in the control channel (shell) outputting
some letters in a loop with delay of some seconds.

The only thing which would be nice to have at
least on windows, would be support for
socks protocol.
tsocks works good on linux, but I have yet to
see any equivalent of this for win32.

Just my 0.0002c ;)

Regards
Tino