Re: OFFTOPIC: PostgreSQL vs MySQL

From: Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: David Griffiths <dgriffiths(at)boats(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OFFTOPIC: PostgreSQL vs MySQL
Date: 2003-10-10 07:43:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-performance

David Griffiths wrote:
>>Have you checked these pages? They've been posted on this list numerous
>>times:
>>http://techdocs.postgresql.org
>>http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html
>>http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/annotated_conf_e.html
> Those are much more instructive; I'm curious - why aren't then in the
> administrator's
> section of the docs?

Because they are much more recent. Not even 6 months old. And lot of people
differ on how exactly these tips applies. What goes in postgresql documentation
is fact and nothing but facts. Clearly such tips do not have any place in
postgresql documentation(At least in my opinion)

A pointer might get added to postgresql documentation. That's about it at the most.

Shridhar