Re: [BUGS] bug reporting

From: Alexandr S <sasha(at)in(dot)crimea(dot)ua>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] bug reporting
Date: 2003-10-10 07:03:35
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-bugs

Next bug.
--with full russian version of Pgadmin 3.1 (with russian title of column
and russian inserted data) : there is problem when selecting, inserting
relatively large block of data (for example , excerpt of some text about
100 words size and more). Pgadmin suddenly ends to work and then I have
to start pgadmin again, but fortunately data don t loose. And pgadmin
don t export any russian data to *.csv or *.dat - pgadmin
suddenly ends to work without saving any data. As I understood, there
is patch that solve this problems, so I hope new version of pgadmin
will appear as soon as possible.
--with full english version of Pgadmin : this problems absent , but
there is one thing that I don t understand and don t like me. When
exporting relatively large block of data (text with, for example, 100
words size) pgadmin saves to *.csv only little part of data in the end
of which follows ".." . So pgadmin don t safe full content of row. Is
it right behavior? How can I safe full content of a row?
--when inserting large block of text , data often aligns along one long
line, so its hard to view such data. It would be better if data take the
form of sell like , for example, Pgaccess does.