Re: pgsql-server/src/backend catalog/index.c comma ...

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'Marc G(dot) Fournier'" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server/src/backend catalog/index.c comma ...
Date: 2003-09-28 23:50:09
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Hiroshi, Tom already apologized for doing this without prior
> > > discussion.
> >
> > Though there has been no discussion like discussion on this
> > item between Tom and me, his code is already there.
> > Is it reasonbale ? As I already mentioned many many times
> > putting back his change should have been the first thing but
> > it wasn't.
>
> That is true --- he should have discussed it first (he apologized),

As I already mentioned many times, thers hasn't been any
discussion like discussion yet though it should have been
the first.

After all it was me not Tom who put back his first change.
When I did it, he already posted another patch. It seems
clear to me he saw no necessity to put it back.

Also note his patch was not applicable after my putting
back the change, He has never posted other applicable patches.

I told him that I need some time to remember my code.
I also tried to reply some points of his proposal though
the trial was far from being sufficient. He suddenly applied
his modified patch without any replies to me.

In my feeling, what he has done is to dodge my questions.
Some people whom I asked have the same feeling.

He also ignored my question about "2 phase commit" in
pgsql-hackers, for example.

Should I be patient with the treatment ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/